A Rhubarb self saucing pudding with chopped rhubarb at the base. Nice idea, very very sweet. Warrants further investigation into a less sugary version for the future.
- 370g diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 125g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 80ml milk
- 45g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (if needed)
- 225ml boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Place rhubarb in a buttered 20cm square tin. In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, milk, butter, baking powder, salt and vanilla (mixture will be thick). Spread over rhubarb.
- For topping, combine sugar and cornflour. Sprinkle over sponge mixture. Pour water over all; do not stir. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until pudding tests done.